Orthodontic treatments are capable of treating and eliminating malocclusions. A malocclusion, also frequently referred to as a bad bite, includes or several conditions in which your teeth are not sitting correctly in your mouth. The following is a list of malocclusions that commonly arise within your oral health:
– Underbites manifest when the lower incisors do not connect with the upper incisors.
– In situations where a misplaced midline occurs, the center of your upper incisors does not link up with the center of your lower incisors
– Crossbites are present when your upper and lower jawbones do not connect.
– An open bite is an oral health problem in which the top and bottoms of your teeth do not connect properly.
– Transposition malocclusions can be spotted when teeth do not erupt in the proper spots in your mouth.
– Rotation malocclusions originate when you have crooked teeth.
– Spacing malocclusions arise when there are zones between teeth, or your teeth are too overcrowded.
– An overbite is a case in which your upper incisors linger out past your lower incisors.
If you would like to speak with our orthodontist in Glen Allen, Virginia, you are welcome to contact Dr. Frank Iuorno and our team about malocclusions. To schedule an appointment at our office of West End Orthodontics, call 804-364-8366.