Are consultations complimentary?
Yes. At your first visit, we will take any necessary records required to complete the diagnosis and treatment plan and answer questions you may have regarding your treatment. We look forward to meeting you and taking care of your orthodontic needs. Please call us at 804-364-8366 to schedule your consultation.
What are your hours?
We’re open according to the following schedule:
Tues. | 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wed. | 7:00am – 1:00pm
Thurs. | 10:00am – 6:00pm
Fri. | 10:00am – 5:00pm
*For your convenience, we do our best to schedule around school hours so that your children will have to miss as little school as possible. Office hours change in the summer when school is not in session.
What can orthodontics do for me?
- Increase self-esteem by improving appearance.
- Decrease the likelihood of gum disease and premature loss of teeth by relieving stress on gums and bones which results when teeth do not meet properly.
- Possibly eliminate speech problems caused by protruding or misaligned teeth.
- Help reduce and help treat jaw joint difficulties.
- Lower the incidence of decay in crowded, overlapping teeth which can become food trap areas.
- Eliminate improper wear of teeth due to poor alignment
Do I need braces?
If you have crooked, irregular or protruding teeth or an incorrect relationship between the top and bottom teeth and jaws, you should visit our office for a free consultation. Dr. Iuorno will do a thorough evaluation and determine whether or not you would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
What constitutes an emergency?
Before calling Dr. Iuorno with an emergency, ask yourself, is this an emergency? True emergencies are rare. Spend a few moments learning more about your appliance and how to solve small problems. This might help you handle minor concerns on your own. If however, you do feel that have an emergency, please do not hesitate to call our office at 804-364-8366.
Call our office during regular business hours if:
- An appliance breaks
- A piece of the appliance is loose
- An appliance gets lost
- An appliance does not fit properly
Call Dr. Iuorno right away if:
- A broken appliance prevents the mouth from opening or closing.
- Pain from an appliance is still felt even after taking over-the-counter pain relievers.
Call 911 or your emergency number first, then call your Orthodontist, if:
- A serious face or mouth injury occurs.
- A piece of the appliance is inhaled or gets in the way of breathing. This is extremely rare.
Have other questions?
There are several ways to contact West End Orthodontics including: